Routers are expensive. They cost hundreds of dollars and require technical expertise to set up. But routers aren’t just for techies anymore. Most people don’t even realize how important routers are until they get hit with a $300 bill from their ISP.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a techie or not. Everyone needs a router. In fact, most routers are overkill for basic home internet usage. But if you want to connect multiple devices to your network, then you need a router.
we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 best router under 300$ that will work great for basic home internet usage, plus 2 routers under $150 that are perfect for beginners who want to learn how to set up a wireless network.
We have also included a few tips on how to choose the best router for your needs.
We’ve tested these routers myself and ranked them based on price, performance, ease of setup, and customer reviews. I hope this helps you decide which router is right for you.
Here Is The Detailed List Of The Best Router Under 300$ – We Reviewed
1. Reyee Whole Home Mesh WiFi System AX3200 Smart WiFi 6 Router
With its powerful wireless coverage and smart capabilities, the REYEE Whole Home Mesh WiFi System provides an easy way to connect your devices throughout your home. The system includes two routers, which can be placed anywhere in your house, as well as four access points, which are ideal for connecting multiple rooms or areas within your home.
With the REYEE Whole House Mesh WiFi System, you can enjoy fast speeds throughout your entire home without having to worry about dead zones or signal interference. Plus, it’s compatible with both wired and wireless networks, making it easier than ever to set up and manage your network.
It has an easy setup process which makes it simple to set up within minutes. And it comes with a built-in power supply unit, making installation hassle-free.
With its advanced security features, you can rest assured that your data are safe. It offers 128bit WEP/WPA encryption along with MAC address filtering. It also includes parental controls and firewall capabilities.
- Supports 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi standard
- 2.4GHz band with a transfer rate of 800Mbps and a 5GHz band with a transfer rate of 2402Mbps
- Can cover up to 4500 sq. ft.
- Easy setup and management
- Can be used with either wired or wireless connections
- Provides reliable connectivity to every corner of your home
- Supports up to 150 devices
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP operating systems
- A built-in firewall protects your device from unauthorized access
- Easy installation and simple operation
2. TP-Link AX6600 WiFi 6 Router (Archer AX90)
TP-LINK Archer AX90 tri-band router provides up to 5x faster speeds than previous generation routers. With MU-MIMO technology, it can deliver gigabit speed wireless internet connection to multiple devices simultaneously. The new AX series offers advanced security features such as parental controls, firewall, web filtering, VPN server, and more.
TP-LINK Archer AX90 tri-band router is an advanced wireless router that supports the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard. The AX90 has two 5 GHz radio bands and one 2.4 GHz radio band. This router can support up to eight devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO technology, it provides a high-speed data transfer rate of up to 1000Mbps. The AX90 has four LAN ports and two WAN ports.
You can connect your wired network devices such as printers, NAS, etc. to the AX90 via its two WAN ports. The AX90 comes equipped with a powerful quad-core processor which makes sure that the device runs smoothly. Its memory capacity is 4GB DDR3 RAM. The AX90 has a built-in firewall that protects you.
- Faster AX6600 Tri-Band Wi-Fi – 4804 Mbps (5 GHz) plus 1201 Mbps (5 GHz) plus 574 Mbps (2.4 GHz)
- Ultra connectivity offers ultra speed and ultra-performance for your business needs. It has one gigabit Ethernet port, two 10/100/1000 ports, three gigabit Ethernet ports, and four USB ports.
- Eight high-gain antennas equipped with Beamforming ensure long-range coverage
- OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology delivers data to multiple devices, simultaneously
- WPA3 reinforces Wi-Fi encryption for improved security
3. Motorola MG8702 | DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem + Wi-Fi Router
Motorola’s new MG8702 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides high-speed Internet access up to 300 Mbps over your existing cable network. The MG8702 supports both upstream and downstream speeds of up to 300 Mbps, providing an excellent combination of performance and value.
With its advanced DOCSIS 3.01 support, it can deliver faster download speeds than previous models. And thanks to a built-in power boost feature, the MG8702 will automatically increase wireless signal strength when needed, ensuring reliable connection throughout your entire home or office.
- DOCSIS 3.00 Support – Upstream/downstream data rates up to 300Mbps
- The built-in power boost feature increases wireless signal strength when needed
- Advanced DOCSIS 3.10 support for faster downloads
- Supports IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2 standard
- High-quality construction with durable materials
- Easy installation with plug & play functionality
4. ARRIS SURFboard G36 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gigabit Cable Modem & AX3000 Wi-Fi Router
With its SURFboard G36DOCSIS3.1 CableModem & Wi-Fi 6 Router, your network will run at maximum speed. With superb reliability and cutting-edge technology, the G36 cable modem router is the perfect upgrade for any home network without the high costs associated with monthly rental fees.
- Faster than ever before – Up to 6.5 Gbps Download Speeds (DOCSIS 3.1)
- More Reliable than ever before – With Wi-Fi 6 support, you get faster speeds, better reliability, and improved security
- Easier than ever before – Set up your router in minutes using the SURFboard app
- Save money – Use less bandwidth and save money on monthly bills
- Better than ever before – Built-in Wi-Fi 6 gives you the fastest possible wireless connection
- Best Value – Includes everything you need to connect your home to the internet, including a modem and power supply
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk 6-Stream AX5400 WiFi 6 Router (RAX50)
NETGEAR’s RAX50 router offers up to six high-performance wireless speeds and can handle more than 2,000 square feet of coverage. The RAX50 has two Ethernet ports, giving your devices access to fast wired connections. Plus, it supports 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 technology, which provides faster performance and improved security. And it comes with an intuitive web interface that makes setup easy.
Built with the latest generation Wi-Fi technology, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX6/6-Stream AX5400 Wi-Fi Router provides up to 4 times more network capacity as compared to Wi-Fi 5 (802. 11ac). Enjoy consistent and powerful signal strength to all your connected devices and superior performance for concurrent real-time applications such as multimedia streaming and online gaming.
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connectivity
- Compatible with any internet service provider up to 1Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, and DSL
- Supports 802.11ac Wave 1/2/3/4/5/6 Wi-Fi standards
- Up to 2,500 sq. ft. wireless range
- Easy-to-use web interface
- A built-in firewall protects network traffic
- Smart QoS prioritizes important applications
- Multi-user scheduling optimizes bandwidth usage
- Advanced parental controls block inappropriate websites
- Guest Network
6. ASUS AX6000 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX88U)
With the RT AX88U, you get the fastest 802.11ac Wi-Fi experience while also being able to use next-generation 802.11ax devices when they become available. With its new WiGig technology, it can provide gigabit+ wireless speeds for the first time ever with smartphones, laptops, mini PCs, and motherboards. If you want even faster speeds, pair it with an additional compatible ASUS router for mesh networking.
ASUS RT-AX88U is an 802.11ac wireless router that supports up to 4×4 6000Mbps Wi-Fi speeds. With its powerful performance and smart design, it can be your ultimate gaming router. It has two USB 3.0 ports and eight gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for connecting multiple devices simultaneously.
The built-in AiMesh technology allows users to easily set up their own private network within the range of the router. This feature enables users to share files or stream media between different devices without having to worry about security issues.
Read Also: Best WIFI Router for 200Mbps
- Ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed
- Smart Design: Two USB 3.0 ports, eight gigabit Ethernet LAN ports.
- Easy Setup: Built-in AiMesh Technology.
- High Compatibility: Supports IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac standard.
- Multi-User MIMO Technology: MU-MIMO support.
- Advanced Networking: 4 x 4 antenna system.
- IP65 Waterproof: Dustproof and waterproof.
- Power Saving Mode: Save power when idle.
- Energy Efficient: Less than 0.1W standby power consumption.
- Easy Installation: Plug and play installation.
7. Gryphon Parental Control Router & Mesh WIFI System
Gryphon is an easy way to protect your family’s Internet connection while giving them access to the best Wi-Fi experience possible. The Gryphon system includes a high-performance router, mesh wireless extenders, and a parental control device.
This combination provides fast, reliable internet connectivity throughout your entire home or office. You can connect multiple devices simultaneously including laptops, tablets, smartphones, gaming consoles, smart TVs, set-top boxes, etc.
With Gryphon, you get the most out of your existing broadband service and avoid paying more for expensive data plans. Protects your entire home or office with a single device. No more buying separate routers for each room.
- Easy setup. No programming is required.
- Up to 3x faster than standard routers.
- Multi-band tri-band 802.11ac wifi router.
- Supports 5GHz and 2.4 GHz bands.
- A built-in firewall protects your network from hackers.
- One-touch remote management allows you to manage your router remotely via a web browser.
- Parental controls allow you to block websites, apps, and social media sites.
- Remotely monitor bandwidth usage.
- Can be used as a standalone unit or combined with any number of mesh wireless extenders.
8. Linksys WiFi 6 Router Dual-Band
With its strong performance and small size, the Linksys E7352 wireless router makes sure you stay connected to the Internet no matter where you go. Covering up to 3,000 square feet. With speeds, up to 1.8 gigabits per second (Gbps), WiFi 6 technology doubles the speed of existing WiFi networks.
It avoids interference by operating at two different frequencies, which means less congestion for faster connections. And because it uses dual-band technology, it allows you to connect more devices without having to worry about interference.
You can easily set up your new WiFi network with our easy-to-use web app, available on any device. You get an extra year of coverage for free when buying from Amazon.
- It supports up to three thousand square feet and can handle up to forty devices simultaneously at speeds up to 1,800 Mbps.
- Allows you to use fast speeds and increase the range for more devices.
- Dual-band WiFi lets you surf, stream, play games, and chat without losing connections.
- You can set up the E7352 in just a few minutes using your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Separate guest access means that guests won’t be able to see any content that isn’t meant for them.
- Easily add devices to your network with a push of the WPS button.
9. ASUS AX5700 WiFi 6 Gaming Router (RT-AX86U)
With its ASUS RT-AX86 U dual-band Wi-Fi 6 router, you get an ultrafast wireless connection speed of up to 5700Mbps. It has advanced features, including Mobile Game Mode which provides a lag-free gaming experience.
With its support for up to a 2 Gbps ethernet internet connection, RT-AX86U lets you unlock the full potential of fast network speeds for both wired and wireless connections.
- With new-generation WiFi 6 technology, enjoy ultrafast speeds up to 5,700Mbps with the latest WiFi 6(802.11ax) wireless network technology and 160 MHz channels
- With just a simple tap on the ASUS router app, you can minimize lag and latency for mobile games.
- True Gigabit Wired/Wireless Network Connections – Aggregated 1Gbps WAN connections, 2.5Gbps Port, and Wi‑Fi 6
- With ASUS AiMesh, create a flexible, seamless whole-home mesh network with AiMesh compatible routers.
- Lifetime-free ASUS AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro, with WPA3 and advanced Parental Controls to protect your home
10. NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 Router (RAX200)
NETGEAR RAX200 Series 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi 6 router offers up to 10.8Gbps wireless speeds over three bands and supports MU-MIMO technologies to deliver faster performance than any previous generation router.
The RAX200 series routers are built for speed and reliability, delivering powerful performance and advanced security options. They’re engineered to work seamlessly together as part of an intelligent mesh network, allowing them to automatically share bandwidth among connected devices.
With its intuitive web interface, it’s easy to set up your new device or connect to existing networks. You can easily manage multiple users and groups through the MyNet application. Plus, you get access to more than 100 apps available in Google Play Store.
- 3×2 MIMO antennas support simultaneous connections to three devices simultaneously.
- Supports MU-MIMO technology to improve throughput and reduce interference.
- Built-in Wi-Fi 6 technology provides up to 10.8 Gb/s data transfer rates.
- Mesh networking allows each device to act as a repeater for others in the range.
- Smart Connect Technology simplifies setup and management.
- Easy-to-use web interface makes setting up new devices simple.
- Simple installation process.
- Support for up to 50 devices.
- 4×4 antenna design improves coverage and signal strength.
- Advanced security options include WPA3 encryption, MAC address filtering, IPsec VPN, and a firewall.
- USB port lets you plug in external storage drives.
Best WiFi Router for 200Mbps – Detailed Buyer’s Guide
Wireless routers are an important part of every modern household. They provide Internet access to multiple devices including computers, smartphones, tablets and smart TVs, gaming consoles and much more.
It’s not always easy to choose the best router for your needs. There are hundreds of different models available in the market. Each offers its own unique set of features and benefits.
To find the best one, consider comparing various factors including speed, range, reliability (how often it works), ease of setup, compatibility (does it work well with your phone?), and cost.
Below we’ve listed out the key features of each wireless router so that you can choose the one that suits your needs the most.
This is probably the most important factor to consider when buying a wireless router. Most households nowadays rely heavily on Wi-Fi connectivity for daily tasks such as online shopping, banking, streaming videos, chatting, playing games, and browsing the web.
Therefore, it is crucial to ensure that the router offers sufficient bandwidth to support all these functions.
Bandwidth refers to the amount of data that can be transferred within a given period of time. For example, 1 Mbps means that 1 megabit per second can be transferred. This is equivalent to transferring 1 gigabyte of information every minute.
For comparison purposes, 100 Mbps means that 100 megabits per second can be transferred, which is equivalent to transferring 10 gigabytes of information every minute. Therefore, higher speeds mean better performance.
Most routers offer between 300 Mbps and 1000 Mbps, depending on the model. However, if you plan to stream HD movies over your network, you should opt for a faster router.
A wireless router usually has two antennas. One antenna is used for transmitting signals to nearby devices, whereas the other is used for receiving signals from distant devices.
The farther away the device is located, the weaker the signal received by the router. As a result, the router needs to transmit stronger signals to reach those devices.
When selecting a router, make sure that its coverage area matches the size of your house. If you live in a small apartment, then you don’t need a router with a wide coverage area.
On the contrary, if you live in a big house, then you may need a router with a wider coverage area.
Wireless routers come with built-in batteries. These batteries power the router for approximately 3 years. After that, you need to replace the battery.
Some routers include rechargeable batteries that last longer than the standard ones. Make sure that the manufacturer provides detailed instructions about how to charge the battery.
Ease of Setup
Setting up a wireless router is very simple. All you need to do is plug the router into a wall outlet and connect the LAN cable to the back of the router.
Make sure that the router is plugged into a surge protector to prevent damage to the equipment.
Many routers allow users to add additional hardware components such as USB drives, printers, cameras, etc. Some routers even allow users to install third-party software such as antivirus programs, parental control apps, and security tools.
These features enable you to customize the router according to your specific requirements.
Routers vary greatly in terms of price. While some cost $50, others cost thousands of dollars.
Before purchasing a router, determine what kind of functionality you need. Then narrow down your search based on the features you need.
Once you’ve found a suitable router, read reviews and ratings to learn more about the product. Also, ask yourself whether you’re willing to pay a premium for the quality of the router.
Best WiFi Router For 200Mbps – FAQs
Are Routers under 300$ Worth of Buying?
You probably know what a router is already. But do you know how much data it needs to handle those speeds? If you’re a gamer or someone who uses multiple devices simultaneously, you might want to consider upgrading your router.
A good high Mbps router ensures your gaming experience isn’t lagging, and that no one else around you is struggling with slow connections. A fast router also makes sure that your entire home network is running smoothly, whether you’re streaming video to your TV, playing online games, or connecting your IoT devices. And a powerful router also helps protect against hackers, ensuring that no one gets booted off the internet while everyone else stays safe.
How Long Will Routers under 300$ Last?
A lot depends on how much you use your router. If you don’t use it very often, it might still work fine for several years. But if you routinely access the web, stream video, download large files, or play online games, you may want to consider upgrading sooner rather than later.
The good news is that routers aren’t exactly complicated devices. They’re just computers, and like computers, the older models tend to outlast their successors.
But even though they’re not particularly complex, routers do require maintenance. You need to keep up with firmware upgrades and software patches. And depending on what model you choose, you may need to replace your modem every few years, too.
In addition, many routers come with built-in power supplies that run off batteries. These batteries eventually lose capacity and may fail altogether. So if you plan on keeping your router around for a long time, make sure you buy one with a backup battery pack.
In conclusion, wireless routers are incredibly useful devices. They allow us to connect our computers, phones, tablets, and other internet-connected gadgets to the internet without having to run wires through walls and ceilings. However, choosing the right model for your home can be tricky. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled a list of the top 10 models available today, based on their speed, ease of use, range, and overall quality. So whether you want to share files with your roommates or stream movies from Netflix or any other work these are the best options on the market today.